Converse Waterproof Side Boots Review

The most helpful favorable review: 
Great boot very comfortable, July 25, 2011
By N. Hutchings
This review is from: Men's Converse 8" Waterproof Side - zip Boots Black (Apparel)
Looking for a boot for hiking, running, general backpacking. Looked at magnums but the 6" height of this boot and athletic sole caught me. I had seen several bad reviews for converse so was (am) a bit leery of the quality. Saleman said they were crap a few years ago. I enjoyed the softness of the sole. Ran a 3.1miles in a sand based river bed to break them in. Not that they needed breaking in. Would like to see paracord as the shoe lace instead of the athletic type shoe lace. The Lug tread cleans easy and stays relative free of debris. I've started wearing it instead of sneakers as they are more comfortable, they've taking the pain away from the tendinitis in my knee and lower back pain. I where either 1 boot sock or a runners sock & a regular hanes cotton sock over the runners sock. I live in Tucson and find them to be fairly cool little foot sweat which is about the only thing on me that isn't sweating. I also sprayed my boots with waterproof spray.

The most helpful critical review:
Fooled me Twice!, September 15, 2011
By M. Hines
This review is from: Men's Converse 8" Waterproof Side - zip Boots Black (Apparel)
I am on my second pair of these. The first pair was a little tough to break in. After alot of tape they finally broke and were fine so I selected a second pair a year later when I was issued new boots and this pair is also a pain (literally) to break in. My ankle is killing me and I have about a half a roll of 100 mph military issue duct tape inside my right boot to smooth it out. I finally ended cutting a 4 x 3 square of mole skin material and taping it inside as well and they still hurt my foot. I am limping around like a moron because of my new boots. It's been over 2 weeks so far! I'm done with Converse.

Another review:
Longest lasting boot ever!, November 9, 2011
By woodcutter457 - See all my reviews
This review is from: Men's Converse 8" Waterproof Side - zip Boots Black (Apparel)
I work in muddy wet conditions and these boots are holding up great (over 2 years). Evey pair of work boot (china - walmart, sears, taget) I have owned in the past have fallen apart in 2 months or less. The last pair of china boots I owned lasted 2 hours until one of the soles came unglued and fell off. This made me so mad that I swore I would never buy china foot ware again! These boots are super light weight, unlike the china boots that feel like 5 pound ankle weights. These boots are tough to break in so I recommend putting a sheet of felt matterial around your heel and ankle for the first two weeks to avoid blisters. After they break in they are super comfortable. Well worth the break in period to get a lasting boot!

Shop on Amazon with BrownShoesOnly.BlogSpot.Com and get the soul of your favorite's brown shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...